Module5 Look after yourself
Unit 1 We’d better get you to hospital.
He was ______ ______ the wall when he ______ and ______ ______ the edge.
______ he is, ______ on the ground!
— ______ do you ______ ?
—I feel ______ ______ ______ .
He’s got ______ ______ in his leg and he may get ______ ______ but it’s nothing serious.
I. Warming up
Look at the picture and answer the questions.
Do you think the person is seriously hurt?
What do you think has happened to him?
Listen and answer the questions.
1. Who is missing?
2. What has happened to Tony?
III. First-reading (小组合作)
Try to understand the meaning of the dialogue.
Underline the key expressions
1. Tony had a bad _____ (流行性感冒) last week.
2. Mr. Smith has cut his _____ (膝盖) and there is some blood on his leg.
3. My father _____ (绊倒) on a root and fell.
4. He caught a cold and had a high _____(发烧).
5. The doctor asked him to wash the_____ (伤口) under the cold running water.
1. I have _____ my back.
A. an ache in B. pain in
C. an ache on D. a pain on
2. —My leg hurts.
—Don’t worry. I will go and_____ the doctor_____
A. call on; with B. call for; with
C. call for; on D. call up; with
3. —Is there_____ in today’s newspaper?
—No, there is _____.
A. anything special; something unusual
B. anything special; nothing unusual
C. special anything; unusual nothing
D. something special; nothing unusual
4. When she got home, she found her little son_____ on the ground, crying.
A. lies B. lie C. lying D. laying
5. —Where is the cat?
—_____, up on the roof.
A. There is it B. Here it is
C. Here is it D. There it is
Babies often_____ _____ when they are learning to walk.
Come on! I’m sure you will _____ _____ _____ other classmates.
Who are you_____ _____ ?
How many times_____ you_____ to Beijing?
My pen is_____ . Would you like to help me_____ ______it?
1. I don’t know. Where is he from? (合并为一句)
I don’t know_____ _____ _____ from.
2. They had an accident last night. (改为同义句)
An accident_____ _____ them last night.
3. You’d better wake him up. (改为否定句)
You’d_____ _____ wake him up.
4. We’ll leave for Shanghai in two weeks. (对画线部分提问)
_____ _____ will you leave for Shanghai?
5. He felt a bit tired after a long walk. (对画线部分提问)
_____ _____he_____ after a long walk?
Unit 2 Get off the sofa!
Someone who ______ ______ today can ______ to live 35 years longer than someone who was born ______ ______ ______ ______ .
In the past, people’s jobs ______ more ______ ______
The wrong diet ______ you’ll put on ______ , one of the ______ ways to an unhealthy life.
______ ______ ______ smoking and drugs!
Talk about the pictures freely.
二. Fast reading
Read the passage and match the rules with the pictures.
Read the passage carefully and find out the phrases.
Get off the sofa
Eat healthy food
Rest while you can
Do not worry. Be happy!
Say no to smoking
1. amount n. 数量
▶Think about it : do you get the same amount of exercise today as they did in the past？
the amount of +不可数名词，意为“……的总量”。
the amount of/the number of
① ______ ______ ______ money is $ 5，000.
② ______ ______ ______ our students is 2，000.
2. effect n. 影响
▶Think about the effect on your family and friends. . .
effect, result, influence, affect
①Many teenagers love David’s book, and as a ______ , he has become a successful young writer.
②They are determined(坚决的) to ______ their plan though it has been much ______ by the present conditions.
③Mr Smith is a man of ______ in this town.
1. If you eat too much every day, you will put on w_____.
2. Good health r _____enough exercise and a balanced diet.
3. The food you eat will make a difference if you want to keep f_____.
4. The young man borrowed a large a_____ of money to buy the new house.
5. His uncle is an e_____ in heart disease, and he has cured many patients who had heart disease.
1. Do you know the man _____ is standing near the door?
A. who B. whom C. whose D. which
2. We are planning_____ Hainan Island this summer.
A. to visit B. visiting
C. on visit D. on a visit
3. —How long does it take to get to the station?
—It’s _____ walk.
A. six minute’s B. six-minutes
C. six minutes D. six minutes’
4. Though we have been staying up to try to finish it, there’s still_____ work to do.
A. the number of B. the amount of
C. a large amount of D. a great number of
We should _____ _____ _____ being late for class.
_____ _____ his teacher’s help, he’s made great progress in maths.
3. 根据作者写的，我们每天至少走1, 000 步。
According to the writer, we should walk_____ _____ 1, 000 steps every day.
I _____ _____ _____ _____ the answer. You can ask others.
A. Was it serious?
B. Did you see the doctor?
C. Take more exercise and keep healthy.
D. What’s happening?
E. Are you feeling better now?
F. What was the matter?
G. Did you eat anything?
A: Hi, Fangfang. You were not at school yesterday. 1
B: Oh, I had a headache and I had to ask for a sick leave.
A: Sorry to hear that. 2
B: Yes, my mother took me to the hospital. The doctor looked me over and said I had caught a cold.
B: Yes, a little. The doctor told me to take medicine three times a day and drink more water.
B: Yes, much better.
B: I will. Thanks a lot.
1. ____2.____ 3.____ 4.____ 5.____
Summer holidays are coming soon. Are you going to travel? If you plan to take a plane, you will have a healthy trip by following these suggestions.
(1)Bring some needed medicine in your carry-on bag.
(2)Don’t leave your seat during the plane’s takeoffs and landings.
(3)To prevent blood clots(血流不畅):
★Do leg-stretching(伸) exercises in your seat.
★Wear comfortable clothes.
(4)If you sometimes get airsick:
★Keep your seat belt fastened(系好安全带).
★Don’t take small planes.
(5)③_______Don’t take wine or alcohol(酒).
(6)Use both hands when reaching overhead for something. ④_______
任务一：将A～D四个句子填入文中空缺处(① ② ③ ④)，使短文内容完整、正确。
A. This will help prevent yourself from getting hurt.
B. Better drink water or juice when you feel thirsty.
C. Get up and walk around every 60 to 90 minutes.
D. Ask for a window seat or a seat over the wing.
任务二：What’s the best title for the passage?
A. A Plan for Summer Holidays
B. Suggestions for an Interesting Trip
C. Suggestions for a Healthy Air Trip
D. Problems During an Air Trip