2. Where does Tony’s pen friend come from?
A. B. C.
3. How does Lucy usually go to school?
A. B. C.
4. How can the man go to the hotel?
A. B. C.
5. What size does the man take?
A. B. C.
6. What is Betty doing?
A. Doing homework. B. Shopping on the Internet. C. Watching a movie.
7. Why does Betty’s father ask her to go to bed early?
A. She is going to school.
B. She is going to have a picnic.
C. She is going to visit her grandparents.
8. Who is the woman?
A. Jim’s sister B. Jim’s mother C. Jim’s aunt
9. What did Jim go out for?
A. Having breakfast B. Having lunch C. Having dinner
10. Where are they meet?
A. At the Centre Park. B. At the Centre Street. C. At the Centre Square.
How many students are there in the club? __12__ students
When do students go to the club? On __13__
Where is the club? In a __14__
Why does the girl like the club? __15__
11. A. Music B. Art C. English
12. A. 10 B. 12 C. 20
13. A. Monday afternoon B. Wednesday afternoon C. Friday afternoon
14. A. Classroom B. Sports hall C. Dancing hall
15. A. The teacher is good. B. She has fun in the club. C. She can make new friends.
16. I like playing ______ basketball, but my brother likes playing ______ piano.
A. /; the B. the; / C. the; the D. /; /
17. ______ bag is blue. What about ______?
A. Mine; yours B. Mine; your C. My; yours D. My; your
18. We choose Mary as our class monitor, because she is always ______ to help us.
A. strange B. sorry C. ready D. hard
19. Daming is a ____ of TFBOYS. He wants to go to their concerts one day.
A. fan B. player C. cousin D. customer
20. ---What are you going to do this weekend?
--- I’m going to ____ lessons.
A. look for B. go over C. worry about D. find out
21. Jerry plans to visit his grandma ______ the morning of 24th May. It’s her birthday.
A. in B. on C. at D. of
22. --- ______ apples do you want?
--- Two kilos, please.
A. How many B. How large C. How long D. How much
23. --- Where will you go this summer holiday?
--- America. I ______ there for 25 days.
A. stay B. will stay C. am staying D. stays
24. It’s very cold in winter, ______ people wear warm clothes.
A. so B. but C. or D. because
25. --- Excuse me. Can you tell me the way to the Zhongshan Park?
--- ______. I’m new here.
A. Certainly. B. You're welcome. C. Have a nice day! D. Sorry, I’m not sure.
The London Eye is a famous place in England. __26__ people built it to celebrate the year 2000. __27__ is a famous tourist place in London. A lot of people take a ride on it every year.
The London Eye is 135 meters __28__. If you take a ride on the London Eye, you will be able __29__ most of London on a clear day. From the top*, you can see about 40,000 meters away. A ride on the London Eye __30__ about 30 minutes. It also doesn’t stop when you __31__ and off. Don’t worry because it doesn’t go very __32__. There are over twenty-two capsules*, __33__ about 800 people can take a ride at the same time.
Another famous place in London is a clock called Big Ben. Near it, is the River Thames. When you are tired, the best __34__ to see London is taking a boat. On the boat, you can go sighting __35__ London.
26. A. American B. English C. Chinese D. Australian
27. A. They B. He C. It D. She
28. A. long B. short C. tall D. much
29. A. sees B. see C. seeing D. to see
30. A. spends B. costs C. pays D. takes
31. A. get off B. get up C. get to D. get on
32. A. carefully B. happily C. fast D. well
33. A. or B. but C. and D. because
34. A. way B. time C. place D. game
35. A. around B. above C. across D. past
Good morning. Today is Tuesday and the weather is fine. Here is some good news for you.
Free Drinks Cola is free every afternoon on weekdays! Two bottles for everyone. Come to the Yummy Restaurant and have a good meal!
Big news! If you spend 10 yuan in the Fruit Market after 20:00 this Wednesday, we will give you 1 yuan back! Come on!
We are having a big sale to celebrate the 10th birthday of our shop! Look at the prices: a scarf (￥16), a hat (￥5), a T-shirt (￥20), a pair of gloves (￥10). Come to the Beauty Shop next Tuesday!
Closing Down Sale Everything is half price from Friday to Sunday! Our computer shop will move to a big place. Come to Peter’s Computer Shop! You can’t miss it!
36. What day is it today?
A. Sunday B. Friday
C. Tuesday D. Wednesday
37. Tom is going to have a meal with his parents this afternoon. Where can he go?
A. Yummy Restaurant B. Fruit Market
C. Beauty Shop D. Peter’s Computer Shop
38. If you spend 120 yuan in the Fruit Market, they will give you ____ yuan back.
A. 1 B. 10 C. 12 D. 20
39. Why is Peter's Computer Shop on sale?
A. Because it is Tuesday.
B. Because they will move to a big shop.
C. Because they want to close the shop.
D. Because their prices are too high.
40. You may see the news in the _____ part of newspaper.
A. Travelling B. Science C. Life D. Art
What will life be like in the future? Some people say life in the future will be better. There will be a plane in every family. It will not be expensive to travel around the world. People can fly from China to America in an hour. Others think we will only do light and easy work, and robots will do all the heavy jobs. Will these come true?
The first robot shop worker in a supermarket in Edinburgh is going to get “fired”. The robot’s job is to tell people how to find things in the supermarket, but it is only able to give very simple advice*, such as “It’s on your left”, which is not very helpful. Also, the robot can’t walk around or talk with people like shop workers. “Our customers love asking questions about things with the shop workers,” Luisa Margiotta, the supermarket owner says. That's why the robot will leave the supermarket soon.
Maybe, robots can help people do some jobs well in the future, but not now.
41. In the future, it will take people ____ to fly from China to the US.
A. half an hour B. an hour C. two hours D. three hours
42. What does the underlined word “fired” mean in Chinese?
A. 着火的 B. 聘请的 C. 受欢迎的 D. 解雇的
43. What does the robot do in the supermarket?
A. It helps people find things.
B. It answers all the questions.
C. It talks with customers like a man.
D. It walks around the supermarket.
44. What do people think of the robot in the supermarket?
A. It's helpful. B. It's silly. C. It's safe. D. It's beautiful.
45. According to the passage, the writer thinks ______
A. Robots will take all the jobs away from men
B. Robots can help people do hard jobs now.
C. Robots can't do things very well now.
D. Robots can't do heavy work well in the future.
A young man is on a train. When the train gets to a bend*, it slows down*. Near the railway, there is big a house. It looks different from the buildings in the city. Everybody on the train looks at it. Some tourists begin to talk about it.
The young man likes the house very much. He gets off at the next station and walks to the house. The house is on sale. The owner* of the house says, “Nobody wants to buy it, because of the noise* of the trains. The noise makes it difficult to live in.” The young man wants to buy the house and pays $30,000 for it. Then, he uses it for advertising*, because the house is near the railway bend. The train needs to slow down at the bend, so tourists have time to look at the house.
The young man goes to many companies to show the advantages of putting ads* on the wall of the house. Finally, a company agrees* to place some ads. The young man gets $180,000 for three years of advertising.
In this world, turning disadvantages into advantages is the key to success*.
46. What does "it" refer to in Para. 1?
A. the train B. the bend C. the railway D. the house
47. Why does the man want to buy the house?
A. The house is big.
B. The man likes the city.
C. The house is near the railway and it is quiet*.
D. The man wants to make money.
48. How much money does the man get from the advertisement every year?
A. $60,000 B. $30,000 C. $180,000 D. $150,000
49. Which of the followings is True?
A. The house looks the same as the buildings in the city.
B. The owner doesn't want to sell his house.
C. Trains make it noisy to live in the house.
D. Many companies want to put ads on the wall of the house.
50. What can you learn from the passage?
team receive oneself thousand late
51. I’m going to enjoy ______ this weekend. I will have a party with my friends.
52. Tom, we are looking forward to ______ your letter.
53. ____ of tourists come to Hangzhou every year.
54. Hurry up! Or you will be ____.
55. Lakers is my favourite basketball ____.
Usually I spend May Day holiday at home, but this year is going to be different. I am going to Dalian __56__ (乘坐) air with my family. My uncle lives there and he will meet us at the __57__ (机场). Then we are going to a restaurant to have lunch. Dalian is famous for its __58__ (新鲜的) seafood*. __59__ (几乎) everyone likes it. In the afternoon, we are going to take a walk on its business streets and buy some local* __60__ (产品). We will do __61__ (某事) interesting next day. For example, we will visit the museum, __62__ (收集) shells* on the beach and go boating. We will __63__(结束) the tour at the third day. I hope there’ll not be people __64__ (到处). I think the tour will be __65__ (极好的).
66. A __________
67. B __________
68. C __________
69. D __________
70. E __________
Tomorrow Peter will go to school for the first time. His mother writes the way on a piece of paper:
Walk along the Centre Road, turn right at the second street. The library is on your left, the bank is on your right. Go straight and you will see a big park in front of you. Go through the park, you can see the school. It’s between a post office and a museum.
假设你是李华，你想要申请到Westminster School就读。请根据以下提示，给这所学校的负责人Mr. White写一封自荐信。
Dear Mr. White,
I am writing to you with the hope of having chance to study in your school. ________________
I’m looking forward to your reply.
文 章来源 天