1. Listening Comprehension(听力理解)(共30分)
A. Listen and choose the right picture(根据你听到的内容,选出相应的图片)(6分)
1.__________ 2. __________ 3. __________ 4. __________ 5. __________ 6. __________
B. Listen to the dialogue and choose the best answer to the question you hear(根据你所听到的对话和问题,选出最恰当的答案)(8分)
7. A)A professor. B)A postman. C)A policeman. D)A pilot.
8. A)On the phone B) In the meeting room
C) In the office D) On the street
9. A) Swimming. B)Running. C) Eating cucumbers, D) Drinking diet coke
10. A) A doctor and a patient B)A waiter and a customer
C)A husband and a wife. D)A shop assistant and a customer
11. A)40 dollars. B) 20 dollars C) dollars D)30 dollars
12. A)On Saturday morning B)On Saturday afternoon.
C) On Sunday morning D)On Sunday evening
13. A)She played football yesterday, B) She did her homework yesterday.
C)She reviewed her lessons all night yesterday. D)She stayed in bed all night yesterday
14. A) The man can see a different view.
B) The food is not tasty enough.
C)The food is worth the price.
D)The man cannot afford the food.
C. Listen to the passage and tell whether the following% statements are true or false(判断下列句子是否符合你所听到的短文内容,符合的用“T”表示,不符合的用“F”表示) (6分)
15. As a child. Monty Robert often went from one farm another because his
father owned them.
16. Monty had a wish to own a horse farm from a young age.
17 Monty not only wrote about his dream but also drew a horse in the paper,
18. Monty refused to write the paper again because he got an "F".
19. The teacher thought Monty could not realize his dream be se it needed
lots of money.
20. Many years later. Monty’s dream came true and he had a big horse farm of his own
D. Listen to the passage and fill in the blanks(根你所听到的短文内容,完成下列句子,每空格限填一词) (10分)
21. John Mayer ______. _______ in pop music when he was a child.
22. John Mayer album (唱片) which is______. _______ songs came out in 2002.
23. At that time, Mayer had a ______. _______ to be the best guitar player in the world.
24. The album "No Such Thing" was popular enough to attract over-______. _______ listeners within a week
25. Mayer won the Grammy Awards and also won fans from______. _______ in the world.
Part 2 Phonetics, Grammar and Vocabulary
I. Choose the best answer(选择最恰当的答案)(共20分)
26. New York is famous for its skyscrapers. Which of the following is correct for the underlined part?
A)/' femes/ B)/'feimas/ C)/ mes/ D)/feimes/
27. Which of the following underlined parts is different in pronunciation?
A) How will you deal with the problem?
B)We reached Sydney very late last night
C) Could I have fish instead of chicken?
D) what's the meaning of this phrase?
28. I don't like these two cell phones. Would you please show me _____one. sir?
A)other B)another C) the other D) the others
29. Danny saw a beautiful bird flying ________ the open window just now.
30. _______people had to stay at xi'an Railway station because of the heavy snow two months ago.
A) Thousand B) Thousands
C) Thousand of D) Thousands of
31. With more practice, I found speaking is not as ____as I used to think.
A) so difficult B)difficult
C)more difficult D)too difficult
32. Mr. White finished_______invitation cards for the celebration party five minutes ago.
A) Write B)wrote
C) writing D)to write
33. Danny searched every corner of the house for his cell phone, but _____ find it.
A) shouldn't B)mustn’ t
C)needn’t D) couldn’ t
34. _______attentively please, Chris! There is a primary school ahead.
A) Driving B)Drive
C) To drive D) Drove
35. The Browns had the house painted brown when they moved in, _______ ?
A) didn't they B)had they
C) did they D) hadn't they
36. Tommy and Jack were warned_____ or scare the animals when they were in the zoo yesterday.
A) not to feed B)not feed
C)don't feed D) to not feed
37. My brother ______ the Indian film Dangal when I made a phone call to him yesterday.
A) watches B)has watched
C) is watching D)was watching
38______great progress Jane has made in spoken English with the help of her homestay family !
A) What a B)What
C)How D) What an
39. Mrs. White and her daughter _____in England for twelve years before they moved to Denmark.
A)live B) were living
C) have lived D) had lived
40. A: Do you know _______we will know the results of the exam?
B: In two weeks, I suppose
A) how much B)how fa
C) how soon D)how long
41. Betty didn't notice the mistake she made at all _______she read the article again carefully.
A) After B)when
C) as soon as D) until
42. The theme music of "Titanic"sounds quite_______I enjoy every minute of it.
A) Beautiful B) well
43. The manager asked Tom____________.
A) why he couldn't attend the lecture B) why couldn't he attend the lecture
C)why he can't attend the lecture D) why can't he attend the lecture
44. A: you'd better set off a bit earlier. The traffic on a rainy morning is terrible
A)Alright B) Not at all.
C)Why not? D)I hope so
45. A: Shall we go to Professor Tenders lecture tonight?
B: __________.His lecture always excellent.
A) I don't quite agree with you B)Thank you for telling me.
C) That sounds great. D)I am glad you like it.
II.Complete the following passages with the words or phrases in the box. Each can only be used once. (讲下列单词或词组填入空格。每空格限填一词，每词只能用一次) （共8分）
A. In the end B. thankful C. reduce D. uncomfortable E. However
Few of us have heard of Nils Bohlin, but whenever we take a car journey, his invention is important to us. Found in almost every modern car, the three--point seat belt can ____46_____our chances of death or injury by at least 50%. While feeling ___47____ to to this engineer from Volvo, you may also wonder how he came up with such a great idea.
Having worked as a plane designer before, Nils knew clearly that the pilots were willing to put on anything to keep them safe in an accident, but to his surprise, most people in the cars didn’t want to be _______ for even a minute. To improve the safety for people in the cars, he decided to find a perfect system which should be simple, effective and convenient. ______, he invented the three--point seat belt, which has been considered as one of the greatest inventions in history.
A. Produce B. importance C. slow down D. protect E. suddenly
Seat belts prevent people in the car from serious injury in the following ways:
To keep people inside. People who are thrown out from a car are four times more likely t be killed that those who stay inside.
To ___50_____ the strongest part of the body. Seat belts are designed to fix your body at its strongest parts. For an older child and adult, these parts are the hips(臀部) and shoulders.
To spread out the force in an accident. Seat belts spread the force of the accident over a wide area of the body. Seat belts also help keep your upper body away from the hard parts of the car if you stop __51___ or are hit by another car.
To help the body to avoid a fast and deadly hit. With the help of the seats, your body can have more time to ___52_ the speed in an accident.
Therefore, it is of great __53____ to help both the drivers and the passengers. It takes only a few seconds to buckle up(系好) once you get in the car, but this simple action could save your life. Why wouldn’t you?
v. Complete the sentences with the given words in their suitable forms(用括号中所给单词的适当形式完成下列句子。每空格限填一词)(共8分)
54. Nowadays more ________realize they are responsible for reducing industry pollution (factory)
55.Sophie is good at language. Besides English, she speaks German, Italian and ________(France).
56. Could you tell me whether the _________Olympic Games were held in 1972 in Germany ? (twenty)
57. It is generally thought that traveling abroad can ________a person’s knowledge.(rich)
58. When the headmaster was passing by the library, she found one of the windows__________(break)
59. It is known that"Often praising a child is a good method to make the child__________.(success)
60. When you eat in a western restaurant, you'd better use knife and fork__________(proper)
61. Experts think that some animals will soon________because of the serious pollution.(appear)
V. Rewriting the follow sentences as required（根据所给要求，改写下列句子，第62-67句每空格限填一词）（共14分）
62. My grandparents grew organic vegetables in the countryside two years ago. (改为否定句)
My grandparent organic vegetables in the countryside two years ago.
63. The Greeks managed to capture(占领) the city of Troy through a trick. (对划线部分提问)
The Greek manage to capture the city of Troy？
64. Lots of people respect the baseball player for his division (贡献) to charity work.（改为被动语态）
The baseball player for his division to charity work.
65. Some children rarely know how to control themselves in front of a computer. (改为反意疑问句)
Some children rarely know how to control themselves in front of a computer, ?
66. When will the truth of the missing flight MH370 come out? Many people wondered. (合并为一句)
Many people wondered the truth of the missing flight MH370 come out.
67. Mr. Smith made up his mind to take a cruise trip (邮轮) to Europe with his wife this summer.
Mr. Smith take a cruise trip (邮轮) to Europe with his wife this summer.
68. boy, behavior, for, just now, the, apologized, naughty, his, to, Susan (连词成句)
Part3 Reading and Writing(第三部分 读写)
VI. Reading comprehension(阅读理解)(共50分)
A. Choose the best answer (根据短文内容,选择最恰当的答案) (12分)
Mark works at Sunrise Tourist Information Centre. His job Is to answer questions and show tourist brochures to visitors:
69. Mark works to help the visitors in the information centre.
A) from 10:00 to 16:00 every day
B) before 9:00 every day
C) until 4:00 a.m. every day except Wednesday
D) from 9:00 to 17:00 every day except Tuesday
70. From the brochures, we learn tourists can have all these activities .
A) on a mountain B) in a museum
C) on an island D) at an information centre
71. The Sunrise Tourist Information Centre can .
A) offer you two free drinks before midnight
B) help you find good places to stay
C) tell you the story of the island
D) book the map of the island for you
72. Visitors can on Lighthouse Island.
A) climb mountains and enjoy night life
B) swim in the beautiful water and enjoy free drinks
C) enjoy lunch and swim in the beautiful water
D) climb mountains and get close to animals
73. If you are in good health and like wildlife as well, you can go to .
A) Rose Reserve and Rose mountains
B) Rose Mountains and Lighthouse Island
C) The clubs of Port George and Rose Reserve
D) Port George Museum and Lighthouse Island
74. The main purpose of these brochures is to .
A) invite people to visit the information centre
B) provide people with job information on the island
C) help visitors to make holiday plans
D) attract people to live on the island
B. Choose the words or expressions and complete the passage (选择最恰当的单词或词语完成短文)
Ronny looked like every other kid in the first-grade classroom where I volunteered as the Reading Mum. However, Ronny stood apart from his classmates in other ways. He had a speech problem so he couldn't 75 like other kids in his grade. I worked with all the students in Ronny's class one by one to improve their reading skills
On the days when it was Ronny’s turn, I gave him a silent smile, and he flew out of his chair. He sat very close to me and opened the book as if he was opening a treasure that nobody had ever seen. I watched his fingers move slowly under each letter as he tried his best to read out. Every time he 76 to read a word with a strange pronunciation, the biggest smile would spread across his face and his eyes would shine with 77 .
A few weeks before the school year ended, I held an awards ceremony. I presented Ronny with a book --- one of those Little Golden Books that only cost $5. Tears ran down his face as he held the book close to him and went back to his seat. I stayed with the Class for the rest of the day.
Ronny never let go of the book, not once. It never left his hands. A few days later, I returned to the school to visit. I 78 Ronny on a chair near the playground, the book open in his lap(大腿). His teacher said, “He hasn't put that book down since you gave it to him. Do you know that's his first book he‘’s ever actually owned?” Keeping back my tears, I walked towards Ronny, placed my hand on his shoulder and asked, “Will you read me your book, Ronny?” And then, for the next few minutes, he read to me more 79 than I’ d ever thought possible from him. The pages were already dog-eared, like the book had been read thousands of times already. When he finished reading, Ronny closed his book and said with great satisfaction, "Good book!" What a powerful contribution (贡献) the writer of that Little Golden Book had made in the life of a disadvantaged child. At that moment, I knew I would get 80 about my own writing and do what that writer had done, and probably still dose --- care enough to write a story that changes a child’s life, care enough to make a difference.
75. A) write B) copy C) listen D) read
76. A) refused B) decided C) managed D) pretended
77. A) fear B) pride C) promise D) silence
78. A) realized B) noticed C) followed D) heard
79. A) coldly B) slowly C) clearly D) quietly
80. A) serious B) nervous C) worried D) surprised
C. Read the passage and fill in the blanks with proper words.(在短文的空格内填入适当的词，使其内容通顺，每空格限填一词，首字母已给)
Do you dream of growing up quickly so you can spend your own money?Earning money isn’t just for grow-ups.Kids can do it,too.
Earning gives you more than money.It’s also a learning process.By working to earn your own money, you’ll learn how to a 81 success in the future.This includes dealing with money,understanding and getting along with other people,using what you’ve learned from textbooks and using your time wisely.
Earning is good for you.Money gives you c 82 .If you want to buy a better birthday gift for your grandpa, the extra money you earn helps!
Money gives you independence.When you earn your own,you don’t have to depend on someone else to hand you something.Forty yuan that you earn yourself makes you feel p 83
than 160 yuan from your parents.
But don’t r 84 to earn.Remember ,what you are studying now build up your earning power in later life.
Here are some easy ways for you to earn money if you want to try:
What are you good at?What do you like to do?Make sure it’s s 87 and legal(合法的).Discuss your ideas with
your parents.You need them to say “yes”.
D.Answer the questions(根据短文内容回答下列问题)
After his Master Chef Junior run, 12-year-old Evan Robinson is using his kitchen skills to raise money for Puerto Rico(波多黎各).The TV show winner wanted to offer help after hurricanes(飓风)hit the country last September.
“I’ve been seeing,all over the news ,people lived too hard,”Evan said. “They can’t get fresh water,electricity.They can’t get really anything.I know I’m just a kid,but I think if a lot of people do something,a lot of things will get better.”
He raises money by baking and taking online orders for homemade pies.H e started cooking on a recent Friday night.By the next Sunday evening,he had filled orders for 420 pies--roasted chicken ,cheeseburger and vegetarian--getting $18 for six pies and $30 for a dozen.
For Evan’s out-of-town friends and supporters,he has also set up a crowdfunding(众筹)page.Through it, he’s already raised $1,500 in “virtual(虚拟)pies”.He said fruit pies are up next.
His mom,Veronica Robinson, is in charge of delivering the pies around the city. “We’ve never done anything like this before,”she said. “But it’s a great idea,so I want to help him.”
His baking will continue as well.This is because he heard on the news that it would take Puerto Rico years,maybe even 10 years, to recover(恢复)from the hurricanes.
It’s not an easy job,especially for a kid with homework and Boy Scouts and friendships to tend to.But he doesn’t seem worried. “It’s what we’re supposed to do,”he said. “I’m a human.They’re humans.Why shouldn’t help them?”
88. Evan Robinson was a TV show winner,wasn’t he?
89.What happened in Puerto Rico last September?
Puerto Rico ____________________________________________________________
90.How does Evan raise money for Puerto Rico?
91.What does Evan’s mother do to help him?
She helps him ____________________________________________________________
92.Why will Evan continue his baking?
93.Would you like to be a child like Evan Robinson?Besides donating money,what else can you do to help the poor?
94.Write a passage of at least 60 words about the topic “A New Skill I have Learned”
____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________ ____________________________________________________________
Part I Listening
1.C 2,A 3.G 4.E 5.H 6.D
7,C 8.A 9.C 10,B 11,D 12.B 13.C 14.C
15.F 16.T 17.F 18F 19.T 20.T
21 showed interest 22. filled with 23. strong wish 24. 10/ten million 25. different countries
26-30 BCBAD 31-35 BCDBA 36-40 ADBDC 41-45 DAAAC
46-49 CBDA 50-53 DECB
54.factories 55.French 56.twentieth/Twentieth 57.enrich 58.broken 59.successful/succeed 60.properly 61.disappear
62 didn’t grow
63 How did
64 is respected
65 do they
66 when, would
67 decided to
68 The naughty boy apologized to Susan for his behavior just now.
The boy apologized to Susan for his naughty behavior just now.
69 D; 70 C; 71 B; 72 C; 73 A；74 C
75 D; 76 C; 77 B; 78 B; 79 C; 80 A
81.achieve 82choices/chances 83.prouder 84.rush 85.agree/accept 86.practising/practicing/planning/preparing 87.safe
89.was hit by hurricanes.
90.He raises money by baking and taking online orders for homemade pies.He has also set up a crowdfunding page.
91.deliver the pies around the city/by delivering the pies around the city
92.he heard it would take the country a long time to recover from the hurricanes.
93.Any reasonable answer is acceptable.
The new skill I have learned recently is skating,which is the most popular activity during winter.And I am always having a great affection for ice and snow.When I was little,my cousins liked to hang out and they loved to chase each other on ice,which seemed a great fun.Sadly, they didn’t allow me to join them because they thought I was too young.After I have been a middle school student, I got the chance to skate.However,it was not as easy as I assumed it would be.When I put on the ice skates,I could barely stand on the ice.But I really wanted to learn this skill. Later on, I would start practising early in the morning.I know that practice makes perfect.And I am capable of gliding on the ice after practicing.The learning process tells me that we will confront various difficulties in our life.What we can do is never give up and we will succeed someday in the future.