第一节(共5 小题;每小题1 分,满分5分)
听下面5 段对话。每段对话后有一个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选
例: How much is the shirt?
A. ￡19. 15. B. ￡9. 15. C. ￡9. 18.
1. Where does this conversation probably take place?
A. In a bookstore. B. In a classroom. C. In a library.
2. At what time will the film begin?
A. 7:20. B. 7:15. C. 7:00.
3. What are the two speakers mainly talking about?
A. Their friend Jane. B. A weekend trip. C. A radio programme.
4. What will the woman probably do?
A. Catch a train. B. See the man off. C. Go shopping.
5. Why did the woman apologize?
A. She made a late delivery.
B. She went to the wrong place.
C. She couldn’t take the cake back.
第二节 (共15 小题;每小题1 分,满分15 分)
听下面5 段对话。每段对话后有几个小题,从题中所给的A、B、C 三个选项中选出最佳选项,并标在试卷的相应位置。听每段对话前,你将有时间阅读各个小题,每小题5 秒钟;听完
后,各小题给出5 秒钟的做答时间。每段对话读两遍。听第6 段材料,回答第6、7 题。
6. Whose CD is broken?
A. Kathy’s. B. Mum’s. C. Jack’s.
7. What does the boy promise to do for the girl?
A. Buy her a new CD. B. Do some cleaning. C. Give her 10 dollars.
听第7 段材料,回答第8、9 题。
8. What did the man think of the meal?
A. Just so so. B. Quite satisfactory. C. A bit disappointing.
9. What was the 15% on the bill paid for?
A. The food. B. The drinks. C. The service.
听第8 段材料,回答第10 至12 题。
10. Why is the man at the shop?
A. To order a camera for his wife
B. To have a camera repaired.
C. To get a camera changed.
11. What colour does the man want?
A. Pink. B. Black. C. Orange.
12. What will the man do afterwards?
A. Make a phone call. B. Wait until further notice. C. Come again the next day.
听第9 段材料,回答第13 至16 题。
13. What would Joe probably do during the Thanksgiving holiday?
A. Go to a play. B. Stay at home. C. Visit Kingston.
14. What is Ariel going to do in Toronto?
A. Attend a party. B. Meet her aunt. C. See a car show.
15. Why is Ariel in a hurry to leave?
A. To call up Betty. B. To buy some DVDs. C. To pick up Daniel.
16. What might be the relationship between the speakers?
A. Classmates. B. Fellow workers. C. Guide and tourist.
听第10 段材料,回答第17 至20 题。
17. Where does Thomas Manning work?
A. In the Guinness Company. B. At a radio station. C. In a museum.
18. Where did the idea of a book of records come from?
A. A bird-shooting trip. B. A visit to Europe. C. A television talk show.
19. When did Sir Hugh’s first book of records appear?
A. In 1875. B. In 1950. C. In 1955.
20. What are the two speakers going to talk about next?
A. More records of unusual facts.
B. The founder of the company.
C. The oldest person in the world.
第二部分: 英语知识运用(共两节, 满分35 分)
第一节: 单项填空 (共15小题; 每小题1分,满分15分)
请认真阅读下面各题, 从题中所给的A、B、C、D 四个选项中, 选出最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
例: It is generally considered unwise to give a child _______ he or she wants.
A. however B. whatever C. whichever D. whenever 答案是B。
21. — Can I help you with it?
— I appreciate your _______, but I can manage it myself.
A. advice B. question C. offer D. idea
22. After the flooding, people were suffering in that area, _______urgently needed clean water,
medicine and shelter to survive.
A. which B. who C. where D. what
23. Sophia waited for a reply, but _______came.
A. either B. another C. neither D. none
24. — Don’t worry, Mum. The doctor said it was only the flu.
—_______! I’ll tell Dad there’s nothing serious.
A. What a relief B. Congratulations C. How surprising D. I’m so sorry
25. There is little doubt in your mind that he is innocent, _______?
A. is there B. isn’t there C. is he D. isn’t he
26. — OK, I’ve had enough of it. I give up.
— You can’t _______your responsibilities.
A. run off with B. run up against C. run out of D. run away from
27. The notice came around two in the afternoon_______ the meeting would be postponed.
A. when B. that C. whether D. how
28. Days later, my brother called to say he was all right, but _______say where he was.
A. mustn’t B. shouldn’t C. wouldn’t D. mightn’t
29. — Thank God you’re safe!
— I stepped back, just _______ to avoid the racing car.
A. in time B. in case C. in need D. in vain
30. One’s life has value _______ one brings value to the life of others.
A. so that B. no matter how C. as long as D. except that
31. _______an important decision more on emotion than on reason, you will regret it sooner or later.
A. Based B. Basing C. Base D. To base
32. The manager is said to have arrived back from Paris where he _______ some European business partners.
A. would meet B. is meeting C. meets D. had met
33. — Honey, the cat’s stuck in the tree. Can you turn off the TV and get a ladder. . . ?
— Oh, it jumped off. _______.
A. Never mind B. All right C. No problem D. Take care
34. The president hopes that the people will be better off when he quits than when he_______.
A. has started B. starts C. started D. will start
35. — Happy birthday!
— Thank you! It’s the best present I _______ for.
A. should have wished B. must have wished C. may have wished D. could have wished
第二节: 完形填空(共20 小题; 每小题1 分, 满分20 分)
请认真阅读下面短文, 从短文后各题所给的A、B、C、D 四个选项中, 选出最佳选项, 并在答题卡上将该项涂黑。
The concept of solitude (独处) in the digital world is almost non-existent. In the world of digital technology, e-mail, social networking and online video games, information is meant to be____36___. Solitude can be hard to discover ___37____it has been given up. In this respect, new
technologies have ___38____our culture.
The desire to be connected has brought solitude to a(n) ___39____as we’ve known it. People have become so ___40____in the world of networks and connections that one can often be contacted ____41___they’d rather not be. Today we can talk, text, e-mail, chat and blog (写博客), not only from our ___42____, but from our mobile phones as well.
Most developed nations have become ___43____on digital technology simply because they’ve grown accustomed to it, and at this point not ___44____it would make them an outsider. ___45____, many jobs and careers require people to be ___46____. From this point of view, technology has changed the culture of work. Being reachable might feel like a ___47____to those who may not want to be able to be contacted at all times.
I suppose the positive side is that solitude is still possible for anyone who ___48____wants it. Computers can be shut ___49____and mobile phones can be turned off. The ability to be “connected”and “ on”has many ___50____, as well as disadvantages. Travelers have ended up ___51____on mountains, and mobile phones have saved countless lives. They can also make people feel ___52____and forced to answer unwanted calls or___53____to unwanted texts.
Attitudes towards our connectedness as a society ___54____ across generations. Some find today’s technology a gift. Others consider it a curse. Regardless of anyone’s view on the subject, it’s hard to imagine what life would be like ___55____daily advancements in technology.
36. A. updated B. received C. shared D. collected
37. A. though B. until C. once D. before
38. A. respected B. shaped C. ignored D. preserved
39. A. edge B. stage C. end D. balance
40. A. sensitive B. intelligent C. considerate D. reachable
41. A. even if B. only if C. as if D. if only
42. A. media B. computers C. databases D. monitors
43. A. bent B. hard C. keen D. dependent
44. A. finding B. using C. protecting D. changing
45. A. Also B. Instead C. Otherwise D. Somehow
46. A. connected B. trained C. recommended D. interested
47. A. pleasure B. benefit C. burden D. disappointment
48. A. slightly B. hardly C. merely D. really
49. A. out B. down C. up D. in
50. A. aspects B. weaknesses C. advantages D. exceptions
51. A. hidden B. lost C. relaxed D. deserted
52. A. trapped B. excited C. confused D. amused
53. A. turn B. submit C. object D. reply
54. A. vary B. arise C. spread D. exist
55. A. beyond B. within C. despite D. without