Unit 10
You’re supposed to shake hands.
(2)
This information comes from Yang Xuehuiat Shili high school in Xihe, Gansu.
在我生活的地方,人们很轻松地看待时间。
Where I’m from, we’re pretty relaxed about time.
我们不喜欢匆匆忙忙地生活,
We don’t like to rush around,
所以我们不介意别人偶尔迟到一会儿。
so we don’t mind if people are a little late sometimes.
如果你对一个朋友说好你要去他们家吃饭,
If you tell a friend you’re going to their house for dinner,
你晚到一会儿是可以接受的。
it’s OK if you arrive a bit late.
我们喜欢慢慢享受我们的时光。
We like to enjoy our time slowly.
我们珍惜日常生活中和家人、朋友在一起度过的时光。
We value the time we spend with our family and friends in our everyday lives.
有空的时候我们也常常会去朋友家拜访他们,
We often just drop by our friends’ homes if we have time.
我们不必总是列计划见朋友。
We don’t usually have to make plans to meet our friends.
当与朋友见面时礼貌的做法是,
When we see each other, it’s polite
男生互相握手,
for boys to shake hands,
女士互相亲吻面颊。
and for girls to kiss each other on the side of the face.
我们经常在小镇中心四处走走,
We often just walk around the town center,
尽可能多地见到更多朋友!
seeing as many of our friends as we can!
在瑞士守时非常重要。
In Switzerland, it’s very important to be on time.
我们毕竟是以时钟和手表闻名的国度!
We’re the capital of clocks and watches, after all!
如果有人约你在正午见面,
If someone invites you to meet him or her at noon,
那么你就必须在正午时到场。
then you’re expected to be there at noon.
如果你迟到了仅仅
15
分钟,
If you’re even 15 minutes late,
你朋友可能非常生气。
your friend may get mad.
因此每次我去见朋友都会尽力做到守时。
So I make an effort to be on time when I meet my friends.
我总是早早出门避免交通拥挤,
I always leave the house early to avoid heavy traffic,
因为我以为让别人久等是极不礼貌的。
because I think it’s impolite to keep others waiting.
而且我们没有事先打电话就不登门拜访朋友,
Also, we never visit a friend’s house without calling first.
我们总是事先做好拜访朋友的安排,
We almost always make plans to see friends.
我们通常
约好一起做有趣的事情,
或是一起去某地玩。
We usually plan to do something interesting, or go somewhere together.
Good habits achieve beautiful life.
Try to be your best
.