Unit 14
I remember meeting all of you in Grade 7.
(4)
This information comes from Yang Xuehuiat Shili high school in Xihe, Gansu.
女士们先生们,
Ladies and gentlemen,
感谢大家今日光临第三初级中学的毕业典礼。
Thank you for coming today to attend the graduation ceremony at No. 3 Junior High School.
首先我要向今天在座的所有同学们表示热烈祝贺,
First of all, I’d like to congratulate all the students who are here today.
我还记得曾与你们大家见面,
I remember meeting all of you,
那时你们刚步入校园开始七年级学习生活。
when you were just starting Grade 7 at this school.
你们个个朝气蓬勃、渴望知识。
You were all so full of energy and thirsty for knowledge.
当然你们中有些同学有点难以对付!
And yes, some of you were a little difficult to deal with!
但是今天我看到满堂都是对未来充满希望富有天赋的年轻人。
But today I see a room full of talented young adults who are full of hope for the future.
你们成长了许多,我为你们感到无比自豪。
You’ve all grown up so much and I’m so proud of you.
虽然在过去的三年时光里你们曾经发奋学习,
Although you’ve all worked very hard over the last three years,
但你们都不是独自作战。
none of you did it alone.
我希望你们记住在你的生活中帮助过你,支持过你的重要之人
---——
I hope you’ll remember the important people in your lives who helped and supported you--------
如父母、老师还有朋友。
your parents, your teachers and your friends.
请认真想一想他们为你做过什么,对你来说意味着什么,
Please consider what they’ve done for you and what they mean to you.
永远不要忘记对你身边的人感恩之情。
Never fail to be thankful to the people around you.
最后初中学习生活的结束其实是新生活的开始。
Lastly, the end of junior high school is the beginning of a new life.
没有必要告诉你们高中的学习生活将会更加艰难,
I don’t need to tell you that life in senior high school will be harder,
而且还会有很多艰巨任务摆在你们面前。
and that you have many difficult tasks ahead of you.
你们一路上还会犯错误,
You’ll make mistakes along the way,
但重要的是你们要学会从错误中汲取教训并且永不放弃。
but the key is to learn from your mistakes and never give up.
可是虽有困难伴随但也有很多让人激动的事正在等着你。
But along with difficulties, there will also be many exciting things waiting for you.
在你打开每一扇大门之后有的是学习新事物的机会,
Behind each door you open are chances to learn new things,
你有能力作出自己的选择。
and you have the ability to make your own choices.
选择要明智,并要为自己的决定和行为负责。
Choose wisely and be responsible for your decisions and actions.
虽然你们现在不得不各奔前程,
Although you have to go your separate ways now,
但我希望在不久的将来,
I hope that in a few years’ time,
你们能回母校看一看,
you’ll come back to visit our school.
在你们踏上新旅程的时候,
As you set out on your new journey,
不应该忘记养育你们的地方。
you shouldn’t forget where you came from.
未来属于你们!
The future is yours.
同学们,祝你们好运相随期待早日与你们相见!
Good luck and hope to see you again sometime soon!
Good habits achieve beautiful life.
Try to be your best
.